To be performed by SCCM Administrators and security team
Alerts inform the administrator when specific events have occurred, such as a malware infection. Alerts can be displayed in the Configuration Manager console, through reports, or optionally can be emailed to specified users.
In order to configure Email Alerts in SCCM perform the following steps:
- Open the SCCM Console and click on Administration -> Site -> CAS Server -> Settings -> Email Notification
- Enter the SMTP Server Details and the Sender Address.
- Once the SMTP connection is tested, browse to the collection that needs to be monitored for any malware issues, right click on the collection, click on Properties, and Click on Alerts.
- Select all the alerts that need to be set and notified for the collection.
- Once the alerts are created, Go to Monitoring-> Alerts and select the alert for which email subscriptions are to be created.
- Click on Create Subscription and enter the Name and Email Address of all users who should receive the emails whenever the alert is triggered.
- Setup End Point Protection Server
- Configure and Install SCEP Antimalware Policies
- Configure and Install Antivirus Definition
- Validate SCEP Settings on Client
- Configure Alerts in SCEP Configure and Install SCEP Client Agent